I found a great little list of reminders to help you with your fitness journey. It’s important to:
- Eat Clean 80/20. We are all human, we have cravings. That said, giving into our cravings all the time is how most of us got to our current situations. Focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods for the majority of the week.
- Sweat Every Day. I can’t emphasize this one enough. Take a walk, go for a run, do a workout. 30 minutes out of 24 hours is a small amount but a very important aspect to your health.
- Don’t worry about calories. While counting calories does work for some people it is usually time consuming and we tend to focus on the number of calories not what those calories represent.
- Watch your portions. To simplify portions, consider your plate, half of the it should fruits and veggies (complex and fibrous carbs). The other half should be divided in thirds, one third should be healthy fats, and the other third should be protein.
- Avoid the scale. The scale completely distorts your body weight. It is not an accurate way to determine your health and fitness.
- Go by the feel of your clothes, measurements, how you feel overall. Measuring is a much better representation of your fitness gains. You will lose inches before you lose pounds.
- Do this for you. You are the only one who can make your health and fitness work. Find what motivates you and stick with it.
Keep in mind that fitness is not a destination, it is a journey and results do not happen overnight. Remember you do not have to overhaul your whole lifestyle all at once. Pick one or two things from the above list and work on them for a while. Once you feel they are a habit, add in something else.